Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No Pony November: Wrap-up!


With just a few hours left in the month and feeling confident that I will survive the day without a pony tail; I thought I would share a few thoughts.

Firstly ~ my thanks to Elizabeth for sponsoring this challenge, it was a funny way to remember and make an effort with myself and my appearance.

Overall no major new styles, having discovered I'm just not coordinated enough for the multiple bobby pin up-styles especially in the time I normally have before little ones are pulling at my hands.  But did pick-up a couple new fabric headbands which will hopefully make a more regular appearance.   This challenge was also a great incentive to get back in the habit of braiding my hair, which only really only takes a minute or two longer than the traditional pony tail.

So while the simple pony tail will likely make its appearance again, hopefully far less often.
My thanks again to Elizabeth of That Married Couple.

So how did your month go?

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I miss my ponytail. I cut my hair a couple of years ago to where it's just too short for that and I haven't let it grow back (yet) to be long enough for a ponytail. But I'm in the process of growing it out, so maybe...I'll have one again, soon. I should check out cloth headbands...My girls like them, but I am usually content to wrap my sides behind my ears and be done, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. As many times as I try to watch my students do the Artful Yet Messy Yet Cute thing with the bun, I cannot for the life of me figure it out or replicate the effect. I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that I a) don't have enough hair and b) am not a cute teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU for joining me, Joy! I completely agree - the ponytail will return but hopefully much less often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for making it!!! I cut all my hair off right at the start of November or I might've joined you, but my horrible layers HAD to go!

    ReplyDelete