Completely non-sponsored post ~ just sharing some thoughts for the fun of it.
Tried and true:
- Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Chai ~ a favorite for many years now having been introduced by my mom (who was introduced by my god-father and his late wife, great connection). Warm, spicy but not too spicy and low enough caffeine that I don't have to worry about the kids sneaking sips. Have discovered ordering Chai's at other places, the vanilla is an important addition as otherwise I find it to be too cinnamon-y.
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte ~ expensive but very yummy. Again I think what appeals to me is that it is more spicy than my usual mocha but not too. Also I love the flavor of pumpkin; in muffins, pies, and lattes.
Tried out this year:
- Trader Joe's Pumpkin Chai ~ Good find, not too expensive, easy to make and when augmented with some pumpkin creamer very, very delish. Am currently debating whether to stock-up or trust that when the leaves again change color next year I will be able to find it.
- Starbucks Salted Carmel Mocha ~ Meh, not bad but didn't really add much to the experience of drinking a mocha and even may have detracted a little as it had a somewhat nutty flavor (think hazelnut) which I am not a fan of in my coffee.
- Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Mocha ~ Also not bad but not good, I think the problem is that there was not enough pumpkin and so it just tasted like a mocha with something amiss. Disclaimer I only had one so perhaps I just got a bad one, also I did have a pumpkin flavored ice coffee which was a bit sweet but overall tasty.
Any fun new finds dear readers?
Favorite fall drinks??