Wednesday, September 23, 2015

five faves: fall reads

Linking up with Jenna and inspired by this reading list I thought I would share some of my 
favorite fall reads


  1. Anne of Green Gables series: While I love to read and almost always have a book with me in college I was reluctant to start anything new until I had a sense of what the required reading of various classes would be and so every fall I would reread the series. It would be impossible for me to pick of favorite among the eight but for the purposes of this list Anne of the Island (#3) and Anne of Windy Poplar (#4) are especially fun to read in the fall.
  2. September by Rosamund Pilcher; nothing like being swept away to Scotland, London and Ibiza with interesting people as they go about their daily lives, heal old wounds and prepare for a big birthday bash.  I truly enjoy how Pilcher juggles many characters and plot lines bringing it all to a very satisfying conclusion.
  3. Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris; a memoir of her time as artist in residence at a monastery where she is a Benedictine oblate and then transitioning back to the everyday at home is a wonderful read at anytime but as it begins in the fall I enjoy starting it then too.
  4. Madeleine L'Engle's Crosswick Journal four book collection is a wonderful read and while the first two Circle of Quiet and Summer of the Great-grandmother belongs to the summer; Two-part Invention belongs to the fall. A memoir of her husbands battle with cancer is also a lovely remembrance of a long marriage well lived.
  5. Cordelia's Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold; a great space opera turn later in life romance between two people who thought they had their lives all figured out and then life with its many plot twists intervenes.





What do you love to read in the fall?

1 comment: