1. How did your parents decide on your name?
Having a favorite boy's name my mom let my dad choose the girl's name. Later found out that Joy was a girl name he had liked since college.
2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
nope ~ Initially J.M.H.L and now J.M.H.B
3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
Kept my middle name from childhood.
4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
Similar origin, but also honoring my husbands background.
5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I have liked my daughters name since I was twelve, my son's name is more influenced by my husband's heritage.
6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Yes, one of my middle names is Marie which was my maternal grandmothers name and both of my maternal great-grandmothers name.
7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
Mostly the name itself.
8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
Combination leaning towards pet names.
9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
Nothing comes to mind ~ so I may have blocked them from memory!!
10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
Yes, because they belong to people I love!
Please visit Roots and Rings to enjoy others answers to these questions.