- Elisabeth and I enjoy a wonderful lunch yesterday with a friend and her two month old daughter. Her daughter is another March baby so as we eat our delicious sandwiches we together marveled at what a difference a year makes. Reassurance for one mother that the colicky newborn stage does pass and another opportunity for the other (me) to take a moment and recall the many awesome accomplishments of the past year.
- To celebrating her fifteenth month (and demonstrating an interest in scribbling) we gave Elisabeth the Crayola beginner markers and coloring book. She had a blast, I eventually got the stray marks out of the carpet. We put them away for awhile.
- Great week for lunches, a good friend from St Louis visited and we again enjoyed the fact that despite not seeing each other for a year conversation flowed and warmth was felt.
- I give thanks for the wonderful friendships who made during college and graduate school years, have remained and endured into the marriage and parenting years.
- Had been on the fence about teaching again this fall but hearing the positive impact I had from former students after their graduation ceremony and watching E. play with other kids at the playground has me feeling much more comfortable about the idea.
- June has brought many thunderstorms so far and our first opportunity to cuddle a sleepy baby who did not quite understand it all but decided that the lights and sounds were better enjoyed from mommy and daddy's bed.
- Going to a local strawberry festival tomorrow with friends. Hoping for no rain and a daughter not intent in eating every berry she can reach.
Thanks as always to Jen for hosting Quick Takes at conversiondiary.com