Put up varies depending on work/call schedule but hopefully sometime early December, coming down after Epiphany
2. What do you do to simplify the holiday season?
Write a few Christmas cards at a time, try to be realistic when accepting party/function invitations; and usually still end up stressing out and worrying that I missing the whole Advent experience.
3. What do you do to remind yourself and your family what the Christmas season is all about?
Advent wreath, music, set up two creches in our house.
4. How do you spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
Depends whose family we are with: With C.'s family Christmas Eve is the traditional Polish dinner of 3-4 types of fish and the sharing of the Oplatki. Christmas is opening of gifts and eating good food. My family has far less traditions, eating vegtable lasanga on Christmas Eve, opening gifts while eating pasteries on Christmas morning.
5. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Going to midnight mass
6. Did you do the whole Santa thing growing up? What do you like/not like about continuing the tradition?
Did the whole Santa thing growing up and will most likely continue the tradition with E. and hope to transition to St. Nicholas as she begins to question.
7. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
8. How do you take your egg nog?
Not if I can possibly avoid it, Yuck!
9. What is your favorite Christmas carol and why?
O' Come All Ye Faithful, I think it balances really well the excitement of his birth with the reverence of such an amazing gift and event. (Really hard to choose, I LOVE Christmas carols!!)
10. When was the last time you had a white Christmas?
Last year! (We were in Maine) This year may be a little tougher as we are headed to VA.
Merry Christmas to all and especially our host Chelsea!
Please visit Roots and Rings enjoy other Christmas traditions and answers