Friday, October 2, 2009

Quick Takes vol #31


  1. Breakthrough at daycare; after six weeks finally this week drop-offs did not include tears which greatly reduces my guilt, but also my concern.  Elisabeth is generally a social little girl so I was beginning to wonder/worry that there was something about the center or class she really did not like.  Her vocabulary is growing daily but she still can't always tell me whats wrong or what she needs.
  2. Speaking of my favorite toddler having mastered "No!" a month or so ago, the other mainstay of toddlerhood "Mine" showed up this week.
  3. Charlie was in Texas at a conference this week and it occurs to me again that Texas is just too far away.  Don't get me wrong I am happy to be back East in the land of autumn and Dunkin Donuts, but there are things about Texas I truly miss and unlike the two other areas I lived Virginia and New England which are easy road trips when I seek a booster...Texas is tougher, ah well
  4. Recently saw the remake of "The Lion in Winter" with Glenn Close and Patrick Stewart, it is good and they are both wonderful actors, but Katherine Hepburn & Peter O'Toole they are not.
  5. The problem with surprises is that when your husband unexpectedly catches an earlier flight, you end up at the airport for a surprise meeting at the wrong time.
  6. Fascination in the world; There is an walnut tree in neighborhood and on walks E. picks and exams every acorn she can and has started to notice the colored falling leaves.
  7. Weekend plans; cleaning up and catching up
Enjoy more of the Quick Takes at Conversion Diary

1 comment:

  1. Lauren has also recently begun 'mine.' Our days of peace are over, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete