Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ten on Tuesday: August 2nd


1. Do you do laundry all at the same time or a load here and there?
All together, with individual loads thrown in if a need arises.

2. What kind of detergent do you use?
All: Free & clear, liquid (fresh scent)

3. Do you use fabric softener?
No

4. Do you use dryer sheets?
Yes (not on the baby stuff)

5. Do you iron your own clothes or take them to a cleaner to get pressed?
I iron

6. Do you like heavy starch or light starch?
Light

7. Do you wash all your laundry at once or separate it?
Separate

8. How do you separate it? By people or by colors?
Adults/kids, white/colors/delicates

9. What clothes get hung up and what goes in drawers?
Dresses, dress pants & dress shirts get hung, the rest in drawers. My skirts are kinda half&half ~ some hung, some on a shelf in my closet.

10. Do you use plastic, wire, or wooden hangers? Do they all match?
A big mix right now, moving towards all plastic with some wood for heavy stuff

Please visit Roots and Rings to enjoy other answers, and thank our host Chelsea

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hate laundry - maybe if I gave it some thought, I might like it more...let's try it out:

    1. I wish I could get it all done on a Saturday - but instead it takes me until about Wednesday every week.

    2. Seventh Generation - the free and clear one.

    3. Nope.

    4. Yep

    5. A mix - The Man's shirts go to the dry cleaners to be washed and pressed.

    6. Light

    7. Separate

    8. white/dark/colors/towels & sheets/underwear and socks

    9. dress clothes get hung up, jeans get hung up, everything else goes in drawers

    10. NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!

    Well, that didn't work. I still hate laundry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I actually don't mind doing laundry, I find myself ignoring it lately which, trust me, does NOT work! It's still there darnit!

    1. I wash as the laundry begins to climb its way out of the hamper! No sooner...

    2. I use Tide Free and Clear POWDER. Sidenote: a friend of mine was an engineer for laundry detergents and told me that ANY powder beats the best liquid. Just a tip! I LOVE powder. Just wait until there's enough water in the basin so it doesn't clump :)

    3. No fabric softener.

    4. No dryer sheets, but I'm contemplating using them. Anyone know the benefits?

    5. Same as Rebecca: Men's dress shirts to the cleaners, other stuff I press.

    6. Light

    7. Separate

    8. Same as yours :)

    9. Dress clothes and all tops/sweatshirts/sweaters get hung. Pants in the drawers unless they're dressy.

    10. Plastic! I hate those wire hangers. We bring them back to the cleaners and they like that.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete