- Someone recently asked me how ready for Christmas I was, and I strongly had to resist the urge to complain that I wasn't even ready for Advent yet. While I greatly appreciate the concept that beginning your shopping and planning early allows you to enjoy the season more; but have we as a culture decided that it is okay to asked the week before Thanksgiving how ready for Christmas someone is? I vote No!
- I would also like to stand in defense of Thanksgiving which is a lovely holiday celebrating a lovely idea of giving thanks for the bounty of blessings which surround us. I LOVE THANKSGIVING! I love the food, remembering to give thanks, little kids dressed as pilgrims and indians!
- Thanksgiving is coming, the pumpkins getting ripe, please put in a can in the local can drive!!
- E. continues to call me Daddy (for about a month now) but shouts it with such glee I decided to see the humor and not worry about semantics.
- Okay back to my rant over skipping Thanksgiving: What is with Grey's Anatomy and ABC broadcasting their Christmas/New Year's episode in November?!?
- My C's mom (who I love but who totally intimidates me in the kitchen is coming) is coming and I going to try two new recipes. Aren't I brave!?!
- Plans for the weekend, time with family and getting ready for THANKSGIVING!
Please visit Conversion Diary and enjoy the rest of the round-up.
Thank you Jen!!