Many, many years ago I found the perfect St Nicholas statue to give my mom. Then every year after I would give her another figurine for St Nicholas day. I only found out years later that for the first many years she had thought it was my dad and when she found out it was her (then) teen-age daughter surprising her she was really touched.
2. What’s the best gift you ever received?
For my twenty-first birthday I received a sapphire ring which originally belonged to my great-grandmother
3. In honor of my husband: What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
In a bad fall of the balance beam I tore all the lower arm ligaments connecting into my right wrists. The doctor later told me a broken bone would have healed easier (still had to wear a cast for seven weeks).
4. They say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. Who’s 15 minutes has gone on far too long? (The Gosselins are not acceptable answers, be more creative.)
The Kardasian Girls
5. You have 20 minutes and $1000. What do you buy?
Plane tickets to Belgium (and/or Ireland)
6. Tell me three blogs that I need to read.
My Life in Transition
Sweetness in the Small Stuff
7. Would you rather go without pizza or ice cream for the rest of your life?
Pizza (am actually eating ice cream as I answer this)
8. Would you rather go to a beach or a snowy mountain?
HARD Decision: Beach wins by a hair
9. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Was a morning person, grad school and marriage turned me into a night owl, parenthood is turning me back
10. What word do you always misspell?
Oppurtunity (how I usually spell it)
Thanks again to Chelsea of Roots and Rings for hosting.